Red Alder Residences
Applications are available - but please note there is a wait list.
Applications for Red Alder Residences are available below as a downloadable PDF file, and a digital form which can be submitted online. Additionally, applications are available at the Neighborhood Center reception office. If submitting a physical application, you can drop it off at the Neighborhood Center or mail to the following address:
Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc.
PO Box 1717
Helena, MT 59624
Fall 2019 - Begin construction
Summer 2020 - Begin taking applications
Fall 2020 - Complete construction and begin lease-up
Local Community Partners
North Fork Development
City of Helena
Montana Department of Commerce
Mountain Plains Equity Group (Billings)
IMPACTS OF RED ALDER RESIDENCES
1. Red Alder Residences will provide Helena with 85 units of workforce and low-income affordable housing.
2. Red Alder Residences will reduce Helena and Lewis and Clark County’s shared medical, first-responder, supportive services burden through stable, quality housing for vulnerable and at-risk populations.
3. Red Alder will help stimulate local economy by creating construction jobs and 2 full-time positions after completion of the project.
4. Red Alder Residences will assist in furthering goals and objectives belonging to Helena and Lewis and Clark County's strategic plan.
5. Red Alder Residences will help strengthen the local HRDC (Rocky) which provides critical services to those in need.
- Proposed Capital City Transit stop
- Community Gardens
- Community Room
- All units will be visitable
- A portion of units will be ADA accessible
- Units will have fully equipped kitchens
- Air conditioning
- Garden style apartments on approximately 9 acres
- Within Helena city limits; close proximity to downtown and services such as education, medical, groceries, and public services