Red Alder Residences
Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc., in partnership with GL Development, has secured tax credits from the Montana Board of Housing, and a conditional use permit from the Helena City Commission, to build a new affordable housing complex in Helena. The new complex is called Red Alder Residences and will be located at the corner of Henderson and Brady Street in Helena, MT.
Fall 2019 - Begin construction
Summer 2020 - Begin taking applications
Fall 2020 - Complete construction and begin lease-up
Local Community Partners
AC Solutions, LLC
City of Helena
Montana Department of Commerce
Mountain Plains Equity Group (Billings)
IMPACTS OF RED ALDER RESIDENCES
1. Red Alder Residences will provide Helena with 85 units of workforce and low-income affordable housing.
2. Red Alder Residences will reduce Helena and Lewis and Clark County’s shared medical, first-responder, supportive services burden through stable, quality housing for vulnerable and at-risk populations.
3. Red Alder will help stimulate local economy by creating construction jobs and 2 full-time positions after completion of the project.
4. Red Alder Residences will assist in furthering goals and objectives belonging to Helena and Lewis and Clark County's strategic plan.
5. Red Alder Residences will help strengthen the local HRDC (Rocky) which provides critical services to those in need.
6. Red Alder Residences will pay its share for city services and WILL NOT ask for local financial contributions.
- Proposed Capital City Transit stop
- Community Gardens
- Community Room
- All units will be visitable
- A portion of units will be ADA accessible
- Units will have fully equipped kitchens
- Air conditioning
- Garden style apartments on approximately 9 acres
- Within Helena city limits; close proximity to downtown and services such as education, medical, groceries, and public services