AREA IV AGENCY ON AGING
Area IV Agency on Aging, a free one-stop shop to find community resources, connects seniors and persons with disabilities to information and services. Programs include Information, Assistance and Referral, Medicare Information/Counseling, Long-Term Care Ombudsman Advocacy, Options Counseling, and Senior Medicare Patrol. Service area includes Broadwater, Gallatin, Jefferson, Lewis & Clark, Meagher, and Park counties. Area IV Agency on Aging provides services to seniors over age 60 and adults age 18 and older with a disability.
Helping seniors, persons with disabilities and their families make choices to preserve their independence and dignity.
WHAT IS AREA IV AGENCY ON AGING?
Area IV Agency on Aging, a program of Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc., is a non-profit that assists seniors and persons with disabilities to make choices to preserve their independence and dignity. We receive federal, state and local funding and donations in order to serve you.
Area IV Agency on Aging operates the programs listed here as well as provides funding for many other senior programs throughout our six-county area of Lewis & Clark, Broadwater, Jefferson, Meagher, Gallatin and Park counties.
Senior Programs Area IV provides funding for in our six-county area include:
- Congregate Meals at Senior Centers
- Home Delivered Meals
- Homemaker and Skilled Nursing Services
- Friendly Visitor Program
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program
- Health and Fitness
AREA IV AGENCY ON AGING PROGRAMS
- Information, Assistance and Referral – serving as a “one-stop shop” to find community resources.
- Medicare Information/Counseling – providing benefit counseling to Medicare beneficiaries and their families/caregivers.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman – advocating for residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Options Counseling for Successful Aging – helping clients plan for their long-term care future.
- Senior Medicare Patrol – empowering seniors to prevent healthcare fraud.