While the COVID-19 pandemic created challenging times for everyone, in many ways it brought Montana communities together, and called attention to vital social services. Rocky's Agency on Aging has seen a powerful combination of greater private, public and volunteer support geared towards preserving the independence and dignity of seniors and people with disabilities. Rather than revert to the previous capacity of our services now that the spread of the virus has somewhat subsided, Rocky Aging is hoping to use this demonstration of capability to extend and expand our services, and establish the higher standard as the new normal of the Agency on Aging. Below you will find information regarding the traditional services of Montana Area Agencies on Aging, but we would also like to call attention to the following services we have started to offer since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Grocery shopping and delivery services
- Pharmacy delivery services
- Telephone check-ins/reassurance calls
- Hospital clearances
- Limited financial assistance for groceries
- Letter-writing to long-term care residents
- Online support groups
Lastly, we would like to make a call for additional volunteers not just in Helena, but across our entire six-county service area that includes Lewis & Clark, Broadwater, Jefferson, Meagher, Park, and Gallatin Counties. If you would like to help us sustain the greater impact we are making, please reach out to Dana Reavis at 406-603-4157. You can visit the Rocky volunteer page by clicking HERE.
Due to funding constraints, first priority for robotic pets will go to individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia or another cognitive disorder in independent living situations with or without a caregiver - click HERE to apply. If your income situation allows, please consider purchasing your own robotic pet from Amazon or Joy for All’s website for yourself or your loved one. This will support Rocky's Agency on Aging's intent to distribute the pets to those most in need.
ROCKY'S AGENCY ON AGING
As one of the ten Montana Area Agencies on Aging, Rocky's Agency on Aging, a free one-stop shop to find community resources, connects seniors and persons with disabilities to information and services. The Agency on Aging provides services to seniors over age 60 and adults age 18 and older with a disability. The six-county service area includes Broadwater, Gallatin, Jefferson, Lewis & Clark, Meagher, and Park Counties.
WHAT SERVICES DOES ROCKY'S AGENCY ON AGING OFFER?
- Information, Assistance and Referral – serving as a “one-stop shop” to find community resources.
- Medicare Information/Counseling – providing benefit counseling to Medicare beneficiaries and their families/caregivers.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman – advocating for residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Options Counseling for Successful Aging – helping clients plan for their long-term care future.
- Senior Medicare Patrol – empowering seniors to prevent healthcare fraud.
- iPad Loaner Program - Rocky’s Agency on Aging offers an iPad loaner program. If you are not sure if technology is for you, you may borrow an iPad from us and see what you think! Take part in any of the online offerings (check them out on our calendar of events at rmdc.net/events/) such as Morning Chat and PopKnowledge!. You may also use an iPad to video chat with family and friends, medical staff, or simply surf the web and see what you can find. And if you need assistance with any of that…visit with our volunteer Tech Helper on Monday’s at 11am at Rocky’s Neighborhood Center.
- Support for Caregivers - offering an in-person Powerful Tools for Caregivers (PTC) class, and online software TCARE, that provide education and resources that support caregiver well-being.
Rocky’s Agency on Aging builds choice, dignity, and engagement of older adults in partnership with the communities of our six-county area of service.
WHAT IS ROCKY'S AGENCY ON AGING?
Rocky's Agency on Aging, a program of Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc., is a non-profit that assists seniors and persons with disabilities to make choices to preserve their independence and dignity. We receive federal, state and local funding and donations in order to serve you.
Rocky's Agency on Aging operates the programs listed here as well as provides funding for many other senior programs throughout our six-county area of Lewis & Clark, Broadwater, Jefferson, Meagher, Gallatin and Park counties.
Senior Programs that the Agency on Aging provides funding for in our six-county area include:
- Congregate Meals at Senior Centers
- Home Delivered Meals
- Homemaker and Skilled Nursing Services
- Friendly Visitor Program
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program
- Health and Fitness