Weatherization is an energy conservation program designed to reduce the home heating costs for families on limited incomes. Your contribution will provide relief to vulnerable members of your community.
Appropriate Weatherization procedures are determined by an energy audit. Heating costs are generally reduced by a combination of the following measures:
- HEALTH & SAFETY – Air quality testing, heating system diagnostic testing, and general site inspections are performed to identify potential problems which might exist.
- HEATING EFFICIENCY MEASURES – Designed to improve the operation of the heating system and may include cleaning, tuning, repairs and or replacements.
- INFILTRATION MEASURES – Designed to reduce the air leakage from the home.
- CONDUCTION MEASURES – Designed to reduce heat loss and gain from the interior / exterior of the home by installing insulation. Insulation may be installed in the ceiling, walls, heat ducts, floor, and/or water pipes. Other measures installed if energy savings are determined include but are not limited to the repair or replacement of windows and doors.
- REPAIRS – Repairs that may be needed to help preserve or protect the material that has been installed and maintain the structural integrity of the home.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.